Re: Debian Alpha (unstable) build produces bad

From: Bob Kimble <bob(at)iplicity(dot)com>
To: blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr, pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Debian Alpha (unstable) build produces bad
Date: 2003-09-20 21:48:55
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Raphael,

On Saturday 20 September 2003 22:34, blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr wrote:
> Nice to hear good news from you Bob,
> no other problem than electrical loss with Isabel ?

We were fortunate. We just lost electrical power for a little more than half a
day. No big deal for us.

> I lost many mails due to a virus mail-bombing, so forget this mail if
> Andreas answered to you.
>
> I just wanted to be sure that you also provided gtk2 parameters when you
> built this wxwin version ? The complete line for building wxWindows for
> pgAdmin3 is this one: ./configure --with-gtk --enable-gtk2 --enable-unicode
> --disable-shared --enable-debug

I overlooked the --enable-gtk2 flag. When I rebuilt with that flag, the
program crashes. So it appears to be a wxWindows or gtk2 issue. I just
submitted a bug report to the wxWindows project. It's item 809913 -- my user
ID is rjkimble.

> If it is needed I can produce a source debian package of this wxWindows
> snapshot. This would simplify your work with this build. Just tell me and
> I'll do it so that you can try to build pgAdmin3 with it. If it corrects
> the problem with pgAdmin3, then may be Andreas and the rest of the team
> could have a look on how hard it would be to get this version as the
> official one for pgA3 (patches, bugs and so on).

Thanks -- once I read the readme file correctly and noticed the build
instructions, I had no problem building wxWindows correctly. This has been an
interesting learning experience for me.

> Regards,
> Raphaël

Regards,