RedHat < 9.0

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(at)poure(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RedHat < 9.0
Date: 2003-09-16 08:18:52
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le Mardi 16 Septembre 2003 09:25, Dave Page a écrit :
> OK. I assume if we build on the oldest Redhat, then it should be upwards
> compatible?

I don't think so. RPM is not as flexible as DEB packages. As a result, when
you try compiling pgAdmin3 under RedHat x < 9.0, you end up upgrading
everything, including gcc tools. And it did not work for me.

Adam, don't loose too much time setting up a station. I am going to set up a
RedHat 8.0 host today on an old station. We will see what is going on. If it
works, we'll try RedHat 7.3, etc...

Cheers,
Jean-Michel