Re: Trouble with error message encoding

From: Darko Prenosil <darko(dot)prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trouble with error message encoding
Date: 2003-09-12 08:51:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thursday 11 September 2003 20:13, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Darko Prenosil writes:
> > Here is the idea: there is problem to find out in which encoding is using
> > mo file, but we can force gettext to serve known encoding for example
> > utf8. After that we can always convert from unicode to client encoding.
>
> Hmm, I've never heard of bind_textdomain_codeset(). How portable is it?

I send message Yesterday, but it looks like it did not make through.

See: http://www.gnu.org/manual/gettext/
It is according to that documentation standard part of GNU gettext.
Few Gnome applications are using it - saw that on mailing lists.
Also I did found it in UNIX gettext package documentation.
I do not know about other platforms.
Sorry if You already got previous message, but I do not see it on the list.

P.S. I messed up that line in elog.c, because conversion should go from utf8
source, but You understand the idea.

Regards