Re: age of statistics

From: colin roald <colin(at)gungeralv(dot)org>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: age of statistics
Date: 2003-09-05 01:27:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

Quoth colin roald <zmook(at)gungeralv(dot)org>:
> Is there a way to query the database to find out how old the current
> table statistics are? That is, when the ANALYZE command was last run
> on a given table? It seems like there ought to be a table somewhere
> in pg_catalog I can't find it in the PostgreSQL Administrator
> documentation, nor by searching google.

Whoops -- that should say:

It seems like there ought to be a table somewhere in pg_catalog with a
date in it, but I can't find it. I've poked around with 'select
tablename from pg_tables' with no luck, nor can I find it in the
PostgreSQL Administrator documentation, nor by searching google. :-/

Thanks,

--
colin | perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add,
roald | but when there is no longer anything to take away.