Suggested patch to plpgsql docs (7.4beta)

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Suggested patch to plpgsql docs (7.4beta)
Date: 2003-09-03 17:45:53
Lists: pgsql-docs

Addition of one paragraph to the end of section 39.7.3.4 "FOR (integer
variant)"

Note that this is basically a WHILE loop, so if the lower bound is larger than
the upper bound the loop never executes it's contents:
FOR i IN 10..1 LOOP
RAISE NOTICE ''I do not raise a notice %'',i;
END LOOP;

I wasn't sure and had to check, so I assume others might find this useful too.
--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd