Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Beta2 Tag'd and Bundled ...
Date: 2003-08-30 02:58:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Larry Rosenman wrote:

> --On Thursday, August 28, 2003 19:31:17 +0200 Peter Eisentraut
> <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
>
> > Tom Lane writes:
> >
> >> Beta2 is a done deal. When Bruce gets back from the seashore I expect
> >> he'll take a look at the issues you raised, but we're not holding off
> >> beta2 another week for that to happen.
> >
> > Could someone tell the rest of the world ahead of time when release steps
> > are going to happen?
>
> AND make sure key people are *NOT UNAVAILABLE* for issues?

Larry, you keep going in this direction and I will think about pulling
thread support for Unixware, and the rest of the group might cheer! (SCO
== Unixware) In fact, my just saying someone else has to handle the
Unixware threading issues might kill it right there.

For the record, per platform threading will probably be in flux even
after the final release as we adjust thing for various threading
libraries/flags.

OK, back to the 1k emails that arrived in the last two days.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us