Auto-update a field when record is changed

From: Stuart <sfbarbee(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Auto-update a field when record is changed
Date: 2003-08-23 03:32:47
Lists: pgsql-sql

Folks,

I was wandering if there was a feasible way to automatically update a field
in a table, say 'revision_date' in a record whenever any other field in the
record is changed. My attempts to use a trigger caused repeating loops and
bombed with error. I would like to be able to update such a field
automatically anytime a record was updated. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stuart