A better look on the same problem (ignored index)

From: Mathieu De Zutter <mathieu(at)dezutter(dot)org>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: A better look on the same problem (ignored index)
Date: 2003-08-21 14:06:40
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

After my first mail, I found a better testcase (well it's a about the
same, but you have a better look to compare).
See attachment prob-query.sql

The ORDER BY in the FROM clause uses the index.
The last ORDER BY does not use the index.
They should be the same...

The query plans are identical to the plans in my previous mail.

With kind regards,

Mathieu

P.S.: i just noted that i forgot to attach to previous mail, i'll
attach everything now.

Attachment Content-Type Size
prob_query.sql text/plain 1.2 KB
presorted-query-plan-without-sorting.sql text/plain 5.0 KB
presorted-query-plan-with-sorting.sql text/plain 5.5 KB
query-plan-without-sorting.sql text/plain 5.0 KB
query-plan-with-sorting.sql text/plain 5.5 KB
query.sql text/plain 290 bytes
view.sql text/plain 1.3 KB