Patch for select() -> poll() in libpq

From: Anne Dudfield <anne(at)mazunetworks(dot)com>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Patch for select() -> poll() in libpq
Date: 2003-08-04 18:40:35
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hi, we recently were using the libpq++ interface to postgres in a
program that had many filehandles open. We of course ran into the bug
with select() where filehandles above 1024 cause serious problems.
I fixed the bug by replacing select() with poll() in libpq/fe-misc.c.

I was going to file a bug, but I saw that this problem had already
been fixed in CVS. Unfortunately, it does not appear to be fixed in
the latest postgres version (7.3.4). When will you release a patch
with this fix in it?

Please reply to me, as I am not on the mailing list.

thanks,
Anne Dudfield