Re: PG 7.3.3 startup problem

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG 7.3.3 startup problem
Date: 2003-07-30 17:23:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 10:34:51AM -0500, Kris Kiger wrote:
> appear that PG tries to start at all durring the bootup process. I'm
> still relatively new to linux, but from my understanding, I need to be
> looking in the /etc/init.d directory for boot setup information. Does
> anyone know of a good reference I could learn more about how the linux
> bootup process works, and how to trouble shoot this particular problem?

Debian's actually a little different from some other UNIX systems
(on;y in details, but there are differences). You might want to look
at

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-system.en.html#s-boot

At base, however, you want to use one of the sample rc scripts into
/etc/rc[n].d , and make a symlink to it from /etc/init.d. I believe
the details are covered in the section of the doc I mention above.

----
Andrew Sullivan 204-4141 Yonge Street
Liberty RMS Toronto, Ontario Canada
<andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info> M2P 2A8