Re: WebGUI vote on whether to drop PostgreSQL support

From: Jeff <jam(at)zoidtechnologies(dot)com>
To: Kaarel <kaarel(at)future(dot)ee>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WebGUI vote on whether to drop PostgreSQL support
Date: 2003-07-30 10:52:51
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 10:01:46AM +0300, Kaarel wrote:
> Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:01:46 +0300
> From: Kaarel <kaarel(at)future(dot)ee>
> To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
> Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] WebGUI vote on whether to drop PostgreSQL support
>
> From WebGui web site
>
> We have chosen MySQL because it is used by the majority of the WebGUI
> users already, because it is easier to administer than Postgres, and
> because it works equally well on all platforms, unlike Postgres.
>
> I thought that the last one was PostgreSQL-s benefit?
>
> Kaarel

I find this type of spin from the WebGUI people interesting. they show a
lack of understanding of the issues, clearly, and are using the MySQL brand
to promote their software. it is written the way it is because it will get
the attention of us, the pg people, and we will be "up in arms" about the
"drop" of pg, etc.

I say, let them-- who needs people that are willing to use spin as a
marketing tool?

regards,