Re: Draft #5 -- radically re-written

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Draft #5 -- radically re-written
Date: 2003-07-30 11:31:36
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 19:46, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Jean-Michel,
>
> > Pardon us at pgAdmin team, but we would really appreciate a few words
> > about pgAdmin3, which was designed mostly for PostgreSQL 7.4. Why not
> > also mention PhpPgAdmin3 web interface.
>
> That would certainly go under "easier to adopt" section.
>
> The difficulty with mentioning any of the GUI interfaces is that we don't
> want to alienate any of the ones we don't mention. So I will need to
> contact phpPGAdmin and PGAccess (probably Xpg and others as well) to see if
> either project expects to have an updated release for 7.4.

FWIW we've been developing phpPgAdmin along side CVS builds of 7.4 for quite
some time now. You can actually demo 7.4 on our demo site. The build up
there is a little old now (2 months maybe?), I'll be updating it once beta
gets officially wrapped. Point being we're already 7.4 compatible, and if any
issues come up will pop out a minor release to handle them.

Robert Treat
phpPgAdmin Project