Re: ipc-daemon2 failure

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Roger Ackroyd <postgresql(at)ackroyd(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ipc-daemon2 failure
Date: 2003-07-24 14:19:33
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Roger,

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 11:43:04AM +0100, Roger Ackroyd wrote:
> (Jason: I thought I had posted my solution last week as you requested.
> Probably never received due to my ineptitude at posting to lists.

I did, but you sent it *only* to me which enabled me to procrastinate
responding. Besides, I was tied up with the impending Python 2.3
release.

> The above is essentially what I did in order to solve the issue on
> this XP Home machine.

IIRC, you had other problems besides the AF_UNIX socket problem. I was
hoping that you could clearly articulate them so I can *easily* update
the README as necessary. I will go with Seth changes unless I hear
otherwise.

> On the readme, under requirements, it recommends cygwin 1.3.16-1. At
> footnote [16] ref step 10, it states 'For cygwin 1.3.22-1 and below, a
> bug prevents this from working...'. Is this problem something related
> to this without perhaps being the direct cause?)

Huh? The above is very hard to understand.

Jason

Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6