Re: Replication/Failover/HA solution

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Replication/Failover/HA solution
Date: 2003-07-22 19:32:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 06:11:15PM -0400, Renney Thomas wrote:
> I am having a hard time selecting a Replication/Failover/HA solution for
> PGSQL. What is troubling is the number of solutions available in various
> states of development. Does the fact that dbmirror and rserv appear in
> the contrib directory, mean that they should be looked upon with more
> legitimacy? Any suggestions?

Some code that descended from rserv is about to be released to the
community. We use it today in production. It's pretty rough around
the edges, and it depends on Java, if you can stand that, but it's
definitely battle-tested.

----
Andrew Sullivan 204-4141 Yonge Street
Liberty RMS Toronto, Ontario Canada