Need vols to work on 7.4 Announcement

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Advocacy (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Need vols to work on 7.4 Announcement
Date: 2003-07-04 04:29:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Folks,

Can I have 2 people who want to take charge of the 7.4 announcement? I need
some help here because I'll be out of the country for the middle of the
month.

Here's our timeline:

Today: Start working on opening paragraph,
Ask for quotes from developers
7/12: get feature list (hopefully)
Assemble press mail-to list
7/20 deadline for 1st draft of announcement
start work on "What about Windows Port/PITR"
7/25 deadline for completed announcement
7/30 or 8/1: announcement goes out and PostgreSQL 7.4 goes up.
additional vol posts at "self-serve" sites like Newsforge.

Important questions to answer:
1) Do we want to address the question of "What about the Windows Port?" in the
announcement, or just have a canned response prepared?
2) Since this release lacks "sexy" features, do we want to confine it to the
"geeky" press, such as NewsForge and Linuxtoday? I feel that we should, and
save our big press blitz for the Windows port.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions