Re: Hi!

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Armando_Bauelos" <armando(at)maprono(dot)com(dot)mx>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hi!
Date: 2003-06-27 18:27:45
Lists: pgsql-odbc

--- Armando_Bauelos <armando(at)maprono(dot)com(dot)mx> wrote:
> I'm using your odbc driver and it seems to be ok in
> almost everything... the only thing I see wrongly is
> when im not using the Microsoft ODBC Engine... when
> Im inserting or editing a recordset I always get
> the same error in the exception but the error en the
> server console is rigth... Im using VC 6.0 and the
> MFC ODBC Classes... a workaround to this is to use
> transaction to insert but i dislike that
> workaraound... Other funcionality is about the bytea
> and the binary objects in VC... The CByteArray only
> gives me chance of upload/download 254 bytes unless
> I change the max varchar or set the unknows as
> LongVarChar... I think you should give the bytea a
> representation as lo and don't limit as an unknown
> data type... The work around this limitation is to
> use the Microsoft ODBC Engine, but i really need to
> use dynamic cursor because the nature of the
> project...
>
> Finally, if you want help in developing and
> programming the driver I'm a programmer with
> experience in DB Programs and I can help you if youn
> like.

I don't really have the expertise to answer your
questions (never strayed into the territory you are
in), but: your offer of help to work on the driver is
greatly welcome to users like myself. We have very
many people using the driver, but very few developers.
The driver works well 99.99% of the time for 99.99%
of the users, but there are certainly improvements to
be made.

If you have not yet looked at the source, you can get
it from:
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/projdisplay.php