Re: Two weeks to feature freeze

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Two weeks to feature freeze
Date: 2003-06-19 11:51:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thursday 19 June 2003 03:27, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> Do we have any "killer" features added to 7.4 that we can shout about?

We should not forget the availability of PostgreSQL companion products, like
pgAdmin3 and PhpPgAdmin3. These two GUIs should be ready for release during
July, although I am not in the shoes of the project leaders, Dave and
Christopher and cannot speak of it officially.

They are not part of the PostgreSQL distribution, but well could be.

Providing a reliable bundle including PostgreSQL, a graphical GUI (pgAdmin3)
and a web administration interface (PhpPgAdmin3) is a big news. This will
convince entry users, who normally turn to MySQL, that PostgreSQL is the best
choice. We are not downgrading features but upgrading user needs...

When PostgreSQL win32 port is ready, all platforms and entry user needs will
be covered. Isn't it a big news? Just my 2 cents...

Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE