Re: Runtime Configuration Docs

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Runtime Configuration Docs
Date: 2003-06-13 05:27:27
Lists: pgsql-docs

Tom,

> Given that you've installed all the tools mentioned in the docs section
> on how to build the docs, a quick "make" in doc/src/sgml should do the
> trick for both.

Yeah, I'm just having the same problem with the Docbook tools that I have with
other "old" Unix utilities like the Gnu tools and CVS; they've been around so
long that everyone assumes you know the commands, or at least the command
names ...

> The docs for the former should have been in the commit that implemented
> it ... how old is the checkout you started from?

Last Thursday or Friday.

> If we're going to document them, then that's the file they belong in.
> Just make a separate subsection with an appropriate title.

Will do. How's "Source Development Options" strike you?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions