Re: Feature freeze date

From: Philip Yarra <philip(at)utiba(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Feature freeze date
Date: 2003-06-11 02:20:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:10 pm, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> you have to give it a password ... any password, but a password non the
> less ... someone else asked me this also, and if I enter no passwd, I can
> get the same error message ...

The reason for the confusion might be because here:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/cvs.html#ANONCVS
the instructions state "You will be prompted for a password; just press
ENTER." which previously worked for me.

For those of us using anon CVS, Marc's advice works fine: password "a" works
for me and I can authenticate now.

Philip.