PG error checking?

From: John Smith <john_smith_45678(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: PG-General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PG error checking?
Date: 2003-06-10 21:55:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there any sort of error checking/correction
script/program that can be run on a PG database? With
the problem detailed in my previous emails, everything
appeared to be working fine, however the problem was
causing pg_dumpall to bail. I run vacuumdb nightly,
but that really doesn't do much error
checking/correction, does it?

I'd just like to know when the nightly backups
encounter a problem (besides manually spotting it
myself in the sql itself). Does pg_dumpall return an
error value?

John