Way to go, David!

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Way to go, David!
Date: 2003-05-30 16:59:57
Lists: sfpug

David,

I see the Reg gave you some nice publicity. Be prepared to fly to the UK a
lot more in the future:
http://theregister.co.uk/content/31/30959.html

On a different note, you made a statement at the end of the last meeting about
being dissatisfied with RDBMSes in general. This troubles me; I'd like you
to be happy with PostgreSQL and the relational model, given what a champion
of it I am, and that we're considering Bricolage for some of the PostgreSQL
sites.

I often find that programmers become dissatisfied with RDBMSes because they
are only using 10% of the RDBMS's functionality ... basically treating it as
a high-powered disk object store rather than having the RDBMS do part of the
work of the application. Would you be willing to discuss you specific beefs
here, to see if our group can't find cures for some of them?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions