Re: >24 hour restore

From: "Victor Yegorov" <viktors(dot)jegorovs(at)nordlb(dot)lv>
To: "Chad Thompson" <chad(at)weblinkservices(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-performance" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: >24 hour restore
Date: 2003-05-29 06:18:18
Lists: pgsql-performance

* Chad Thompson <chad(at)weblinkservices(dot)com> [28.05.2003 19:08]:
> I hope this is something easy/stupid that I have missed. I know that w/
> mirroring my write times are not improved, but they are DEFINATLY not this
> bad.

Well, I have had something similar to your case, except for size - it's was
about 1 Gb.

I've dropped all foreign keys, triggers and, also, all indexes. As I've
found, each index takes additional time for inserts/updates/deletes,
so it's recommended to create indexes after data manipulations.

If this will not help, I don't know. May be hardware problems...

--

Victor Yegorov