Re: RBLs ... I'm tired of spam ...

From: allanwind(at)lifeintegrity(dot)com (Allan Wind)
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>, Michael A Nachbaur <mike(at)nachbaur(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RBLs ... I'm tired of spam ...
Date: 2003-05-28 04:11:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2003-05-27 21:31:45, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> 'K, I haven't found *that* feature yet ... can you do this on a per-user
> basis as well, or is this a 'blanket, site wide' configuration ...

# When using the 'local:' quarantine method (default), the following
# applies:
#
# A finer control of quarantining is available through variable
# $virus_quarantine_to/$spam_quarantine_to. It may be a simple scalar
# string,
# or a ref to a hash lookup table, or a regexp lookup table object,
# which makes possible to set up per-recipient quarantine addresses.

I am very impressed with the amavisd-new, spamassassin, razor
combination that I installed on my home machine a few days. Not had to
manually process any spam since, and mailq provides a nice reference on
what could be outright blocked.

http://lawmonkey.org/anti-spam.html is a well written guide to get
started, although most of the details were taken care of by the debian
package used.

/Allan
--
Allan Wind