Re: Functions or Rules and Views?

From: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory(at)campbell-lange(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Postgresql Novice List <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Functions or Rules and Views?
Date: 2003-05-27 09:36:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thanks for the info, Josh.
Looks like I'll be doing most of my work in functions (and triggers)
then. Also it looks like one can make table agnostic functions in some
cases (although there is a penalty because of the need for rebuilding
the query plan for each table/row in this case) which could be useful.

Kind regards,
Rory

--
Rory Campbell-Lange