Re: SECURITY

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: ivan <ivan(at)psycho(dot)pl>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SECURITY
Date: 2003-05-22 12:31:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 20:18:03 +0200,
ivan <ivan(at)psycho(dot)pl> wrote:

> why when i create user and create database for this user, he can connect
> to my others database , (not only his own) and create there tables and
> etc.
> He can not select , delete etc but he can create something and then drop
> this , is can be like a bug ?

In 7.2 and higher you can control this (being able to connect to a database)
in pg_hba.conf by setting up per user per database rules for authentication
methods.

As an alternative in 7.3 and higher you can control being able to create
objects in a database. To prevent creation of schemas and temporary tables
issue:
REVOKE ALL ON DATABASE database_name FROM PUBLIC;

The PUBLIC schema allows object creation by default. To prevent people
from creating objects there issue:
REVOKE CREATE ON SCHEMA PUBLIC FROM PUBLIC;