Re: Heads up: 7.3.3 this Wednesday

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)cbbrowne(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Jan Wieck" <JanWieck(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Heads up: 7.3.3 this Wednesday
Date: 2003-05-20 11:16:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:
> Yeah. I'm just worried that there might be some downside we've not
> spotted yet. I'd feel better about it if *anyone* had reported
> successful production use of the patch in the month since it's been
> available. I thought one or two people had expressed the intention
> to run the patch when Jan offered it ... where are they?

I put it in on some DBs we were doing testing against at Liberty; the
results unfortunately were inconclusive.

We didn't see any noticeable improvement in performance out of it,
albeit with limited use, because we weren't planning to use 7.3 in
production just yet, and so did the vast majority of the testing against
7.2.4, where the patch doesn't even come close to applying...

The result is that I can't suggest either a "yea" or "nay"...
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.gultn@" "enworbbc"))
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/spiritual.html