Re: Heads up: 7.3.3 this Wednesday

From: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Kevin Brown <kevin(at)sysexperts(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Heads up: 7.3.3 this Wednesday
Date: 2003-05-16 20:26:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

> > I've seen no problems with the deferred trigger patch (which
> > addresses a performance issue with deferred triggers) you gave me
> > some time ago. Is this something that's likely to be included in
> > 7.3.3?
>
> I've been wondering myself about whether to include Jan's patch that
> reduces foreign-key deadlocks. Neither of these patches have gotten
> enough testing (that I know of) to make me feel very comfortable
> about dropping them into 7.3.3 ... but on the other hand, they could
> be pretty significant fixes.
>
> Any votes pro or con? Who else can report successful use of either
> of these patches?

I've been using the deferred triggers patch in production for about a
month without any problems. I'm definitely for that as well as Jan's
patch, though I haven't used it. Anything to help out FK's and I'm
game. :)

If someone needs the clean patch for 7.3 of the deferred triggers, the
patch is at the URL below. The one originally posted didn't merge 100%
cleanly to my 7.3.2 sources.

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~seanc/patch_postgresql-7.3.2::src::backend::utils::adt::ri_triggers.c

-sc

--