Re: FW: [ADMIN] Out of disk space- error code

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: [ADMIN] Out of disk space- error code
Date: 2003-05-15 12:38:22
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 04:09:44PM +0530, Anagha Joshi wrote:
> The snapshot of the Postgres log is like this:
> ERROR: cannot extend trap: No space left on device.
> Check free disk space.

[. . .]

> That was clear from the logs that disk is full. But is there anyway that
> I can check this programatically? i.e. when I call 'PgDatabase::Exec()'
> to execute query from C++ API, I get error code reflecting 'low on the
> disk'? I know I can get corresponding error message in C++ from Postgres
> by
> 'errorMessage()' method. I want specific error code for this.

Postgres relies on your filesystem and OS. It doesn't know you're
low on disk until it gets the error from the OS. Use your OS to warn
you if you're going to run out of space.

----
Andrew Sullivan 204-4141 Yonge Street
Liberty RMS Toronto, Ontario Canada
<andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info> M2P 2A8