Re: Stored Procedure Question

From: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: Martin Chantler <MC44(at)acw(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Stored Procedure Question
Date: 2003-05-01 02:16:46
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 11:03:02AM -0700, Stephan Szabo wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Martin Chantler wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am confused about Postgres stored procedures (aka functions), can they
> > only return one value???
>
> They could return sets, but before 7.3 the usefulness was limited
>
> > All examples I have seen don't return a recordset
>
> You might want to see
> http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/SetReturningFunctions

Hmm, this is cool. I can think of a couple documents I could contribute to
this area over the summer.

Is there a mailing list one can sign up to to be informed of new content
in techdocs? That would be useful.

-Roberto

--
+----| Roberto Mello - http://www.brasileiro.net/ |------+
+ Computer Science Graduate Student, Utah State University +