Re: Nested transactions, 1st try

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg(at)aon(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Nested transactions, 1st try
Date: 2003-04-22 03:42:13
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 11:55:17AM +0200, Manfred Koizar wrote:

> > This is the first attempt at supporting nested transactions.

> I don't know what else I missed. Has there been a specification of
> the interface between the low level stuff I'm supposed to implement
> and the area you are working in?

No, there isn't any spec on that. ISTM the whole of
access/transam/transam.c should be rewritten with nested transactions in
mind. I'll look at that. I wanted to know if the hacker team likes the
approach taken to "globalize" the structures before I continue working
with them.

"La principal característica humana es la tontería"
(Augusto Monterroso)