Where is the sequence value?

From: "Edipo E(dot) F(dot) Melo" <edipoelder(at)ig(dot)com(dot)br>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-sql" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Where is the sequence value?
Date: 2003-04-19 11:50:06
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-sql

Hi all,

In my system, I use a sequence to enumerate a proccess list, and this sequence must be reseted each
year. I don't remember how it was created, but when I try to "setval('seq', 0)" I get a "out of bounds
(1, ...) error.

So, I set i to 1 ("setval('seq', 1)"), but in my system, when I try to insert a process, the nextval
() returns 2, not 1.

I was thinking to fix this dropping, e creating the sequence, but in my system, a lot o users have
permission to update the sequence (to use a nextval() on it), and I couldn't revoke they rights when I
drop it.

Insted, I search the docs about where sequence is definited, its min, max and current value, to
change the min value, setting it to 0, but I didn't found something.

(After a lot of text), my question is: how can I change the min value of a sequence without dropping
it?

Thanks for all,

[]'s

Edipo Elder F. de Melo