Data types mapping

From: Doug Silver <dsilver(at)urchin(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Data types mapping
Date: 2003-04-10 17:56:18
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have a partial mapping of some of the fields with their internal type, e.g.:

integer 4
smallint 5
bigint 8
date 9
varchar 12
boolean 16
text 25

What internal table has the complete mapping? I looked around on the Postgres
site and thought it might be in pg_attribute, pg_attrdef, or pg_type, but
it's not -- or else I'm not performing the right query.

Thanks.

-doug

ps - These values are "set in stone" and don't change with updates, correct?