Re: Complex database for testing, U.S. Census Tiger/UA

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Complex database for testing, U.S. Census Tiger/UA
Date: 2003-04-08 21:08:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

MLW,

> > The U.S. Census provides a database of street polygons and other data
> > about landmarks, elevation, etc. This was discussed in a separate thread.

Yeah, this was me. We decided to go with the FCC database because it is more
managably sized and has extensive schema documentation. Personally, I'd be
happy to see someone put together a "huge table" test using the Tiger
database, but for general tests we're aiming more at the 50-100mb size.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions