MySQL vs. PostgreSQL article

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: builder(at)zdnet(dot)com(dot)au
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL article
Date: 2003-04-05 20:00:53
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Mr. Zymaris:

I recently read your "MySQL vs. PostgreSQL" comparison at:
http://www.zdnet.com.au/builder/architect/database/story/0,2000034918,20273361,00.htm

I get the feeling from the article that you have little or no recent
experience with PostgreSQL. Was it your editor's idea to present the
article as a comparison of the two databases, rather than the MySQL article
you obviously intended it to be?

In the future, when you need information about PostgreSQL's features and
comparitive advantages (or even disadvantages), we'd really appreciate it if
you contact us at the PostgreSQL advocacy project:
http://advocacy.postgresql.org

Thank you for your future consideration.

--
-Josh Berkus
Volunteer, PostgreSQL Project