Re: About OIDs

From: Flower Sun <sun_2002_flower(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
Cc: Pgsql Group <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: About OIDs
Date: 2003-03-27 21:44:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, Alvaro,
Thank you for your reply. Well, if you view the system defination from PgAdminII 1.4.12, you will see the following one example which shows that no OIDs. I am not sure whether PgadminII is right or you are right on this topic.

-- Table: pg_amop

CREATE TABLE pg_amop (

amopclaid oid,

amopstrategy int2,

amopreqcheck bool,

amopopr oid,

CONSTRAINT pg_amop_opc_opr_index UNIQUE (amopclaid, amopopr),

CONSTRAINT pg_amop_opc_strategy_index UNIQUE (amopclaid, amopstrategy)

) WITHOUT OIDS;

Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl> wrote:On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 12:42:37PM -0800, Flower Sun wrote:

> (1) I found system tables are all created without OIDs.

There's no way to do this. All system tables have OIDs.

> But the default behavior of creating user tables are with OIDs.
> Is there any benefit to create user tables with OIDs?

No, unless you explicitly use them.

--
Alvaro Herrera ()
"Et put se mouve" (Galileo Galilei)