pgsql-server/contrib Makefile README pg_autova ...

From: momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql-server/contrib Makefile README pg_autova ...
Date: 2003-03-20 18:14:46
Lists: pgsql-committers

CVSROOT: /cvsroot
Module name: pgsql-server
Changes by: momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org 03/03/20 13:14:46

Modified files:
contrib : Makefile README
Added files:
contrib/pg_autovacuum: Makefile README TODO pg_autovacuum.c
pg_autovacuum.h

Log message:
I have updated my pg_autovacuum program (formerly pg_avd, the name
changed as per discussion on the patches list).

This version should be a good bit better. It addresses all the issues
pointed out by Neil Conway. Vacuum and Analyze are now handled
separately. It now monitors for xid wraparound. The number of database
connections and queries has been significantly reduced compared the
previous version. I have moved it from bin to contrib. More detail on
the changes are in the TODO file.

I have not tested the xid wraparound code as I have to let my AthlonXP
1600 run select 1 in a tight loop for approx. two days in order to
perform the required 500,000,000 xacts.

Matthew T. O'Connor