manage stored files via web

From: "Victor Yegorov" <viy(at)pirmabanka(dot)lv>
To: "Postgres PHP" <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: manage stored files via web
Date: 2003-03-20 10:46:45
Lists: pgsql-php

Hello.

Sorry for off-topic, but...

I have the following problem. I'm developing system with ability to store
files inside it. Files are being stored in postgres as large objects.

The problem is, that actual file names are stored along with LO oids. When
user wants to download some file, it clicks on link: "...?oid=<oid>&action=get"
and browser suggests strange name for file being downloaded (currently it
suggests domain name or link text as file name).

What I want is that file name suggested by browser would be the one, stored
in DB. I currently enclose it in Content-type: HTTP header, but that seems
to be not working.

Thanks in advance.

--

Victor Yegorov