Bug #912: pg_restore cannot restore individual rule from custom dump

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #912: pg_restore cannot restore individual rule from custom dump
Date: 2003-03-17 19:27:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Joseph Tate (jtate(at)mi-corporation(dot)com) reports a bug with a severity of 3

Short Description
pg_restore cannot restore individual rule from custom dump

Long Description
pg_restore can restore individual triggers and tables, but cannot restore individual rules. I tried using the -T option, but it did not restore the rule. Output:
$ pg_restore -h localhost -U webuser -s -T au_u_session_data -S postgresql -vd CUST_4 4-1047690019
pg_restore: connecting to database for restore
pg_restore: implied data-only restore

The rule is not restored. I looked through the documentation upto and including 7.4-devel but saw no other references to restoring rules.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report