libpqxx and large objects

From: "Jeroen T(dot) Vermeulen" <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: libpqxx and large objects
Date: 2003-03-10 16:16:24
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

The latest versions of libpqxx offer a preliminary Large Objects
interface that lets you slot a large object into a standard C++
istream, iostream or ostream with all the features that entails.

If anyone is interested in advanced large objects usage, please take
a look and tell me:

- If it works, and what you do with it. I'd like to hear about it
either way.

- What test cases I could add to my regression test. One thing I
haven't tested yet is mixed read/write access.

- What I could change in the interface. I know I still need to
build my own stream classes around the streambuf class, so that
part of the interface is going to get a lot cleaner.

Please, if you have some time, download the 1.6.1 source tree from the
Developer branch on http://pqxx.tk/ and let me know!

TIA,

Jeroen