Re: wal-debug

From: "Shridhar Daithankar<shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: "postgres-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: wal-debug
Date: 2003-03-03 13:43:02
Lists: pgsql-general

On Monday 03 Mar 2003 4:41 pm, you wrote:
> I am asking to improve performace.
> Can you explain me how WAL improves performance.
> ex:
> a query lasts 1 second when WAL would be disabled
> if it is enabled how WAL improves performance?
> What does it do?

I suggest you read postgresql admin guide about how WAL works. Furthermore
select queries are not affected by having or not having WAL. WAL deals with
insert/update/deletes.

I suggest you read the admin guide, start to end, even if you don't have any
other problems. That would asve great deal of time for you.

Shridhar