Re: default operator class (PostgreSQL's error?)

From: Denis Zaitsev <zzz(at)cd-club(dot)ru>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: default operator class (PostgreSQL's error?)
Date: 2003-03-03 02:07:05
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 01:01:40PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Denis Zaitsev <zzz(at)cd-club(dot)ru> writes:
> > ERROR: data type name_t has no default operator class for access method "btree"
>
> Hm, that looks like it should work. You sure you marked the opclass
> default? (Check its row in pg_opclass to see.)

Yes, it is default.

> Another possibility is that the opclass is in a schema that is not in
> your search path --- I can't recall right now whether being in the
> search path affects lookup of a default opclass.

It is in a schema, and the schema is definitely in the search_path -
it's pointed first there. More over, all the games described are
being played in that schema.

I already had a though about schemas and tried to explicitly qualify
the type (name_t) of the attribute - nothing had changed...