Re: Index File growing big.

From: "Jim Buttafuoco" <jim(at)contactbda(dot)com>
To: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Andrew Sullivan" <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>, <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Index File growing big.
Date: 2003-02-27 12:34:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-performance

All,

I was the person who submitted the patch. I tried to a generic syntax. I also tried to keep the tablespace concept
simple. See my posting on HACKERS/GENERAL from a week or 2 ago about the syntax. I am still interested in working on
this patch with others. I have many system here that are 500+ gigabytes and growing. It is a real pain to add more
disk space (I have to backup, drop database(s), rebuild raid set (I am using raid 10) and reload data).

Jim