Re: Strange error (Socket command option unknown)

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
To: Carlos Moreno <moreno(at)mochima(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Strange error (Socket command option unknown)
Date: 2003-02-25 17:03:13
Lists: pgsql-general

May I suggest looking at tcpflow? The syntax is similar to tcpdump but it
will create a file for each connection (actually two files, one for inbound
and one for outbound data). The files contain the data stream for that
connection - extremely useful for debugging.

The only thing I've found frustrating is that since one file is everything
from the client and the other is everything from the server you are left to
"synchronize" which parts of the inbound stream correspond to which parts of
the outbound.

If you want a few more bells/whistles and a GUI, try Ethereal.

Cheers,
Steve