Re: What filesystem?

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What filesystem?
Date: 2003-02-22 00:31:33
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 03:15:09PM -0800, Steve Crawford wrote:
> the merits of running PostgreSQL on EXT2, EXT3, JFS, XFS, ReiserFS, etc.?

ext2 is really not crash-safe. I think I'd think twice.

There have been some recent reports about corruption under reiserfs,
but not much detail on it.

The performance list recently had a discussion of performance and
ext3.

I'd be _real_ interested in hearing about xfs; when I used to admin
IRIX boxes, I thought very highly of xfs. It was bulletproof. But I
have no idea what it's like on Linux.

----
Andrew Sullivan 204-4141 Yonge Street
Liberty RMS Toronto, Ontario Canada