Re: Mutating table (urgent)

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: Cristian Custodio <crstian(at)terra(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Mutating table (urgent)
Date: 2003-02-21 20:46:39
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Cristian Custodio wrote:

> Because whether postgresql don't send me the error.

But AFAICS there isn't any error to send you. Maybe I'm
missing something, but it seems to me the sequence is:

Do an insert on PAI
Run after trigger which tries an insert on FILHO
Run before trigger on FILHO
Ignore insert

No constraints seem to be violated, no errors are occurring. You've
told the system that inserts to FILHO are silently ignored (by
returning NULL from the trigger), so it seems to be doing
exactly what you asked for.