Re: Function will not back up on 7.2.3

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Function will not back up on 7.2.3
Date: 2003-02-15 00:47:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tom,

> Is it possible that the function's owner has been dropped from pg_shadow?

No, the function owner is the database owner ... and also the same user
calling pg_dump.

> How about dropped return type, etc? pg_dump used to use inner joins to
> collect info about database objects, meaning it would silently miss
> objects that were missing expected collateral objects.

Return type is TEXT, so I think that's OK too. However, this database does
have some pretty complex dependancies.

I just tested. This is still a bug in 7.3.0. I will download and test 7.3.2
now.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions