Re: log_duration

From: Kevin Brown <kevin(at)sysexperts(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: log_duration
Date: 2003-02-13 04:10:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greg Stark wrote:
> Not a big deal though, since I doubt anyone's actually parsing
> postgres logs. Hm, brings up an interesting idea though, I wonder
> if it would be useful to log directly into postgres tables.

I was wondering roughly the same thing. If you ran an external
program to process the logs and put them into a PostgreSQL database,
you'd have problems with the transactions of the log processor landing
in the logs as well, at least if all transactions were logged. The
logging process would have to filter out its own transactions, which
might not be all that easy.

--
Kevin Brown kevin(at)sysexperts(dot)com