Re: PostgreSQL Windows port strategy

From: Vatamanescu Victor <victorvatamanescu(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Windows port strategy
Date: 2003-02-12 14:21:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Well, I havent seen much that unstable API. If you saw something unstable please provide me source code that proves Windows API is unstable. Don't tell me about some "expert"'s oppinion: if you have a problem with Windows show it to me. We are not users here. I agree that Windows 95/98 was a sh..., but I have news for you: Windows is becomming stronger every day. In 1998-1999 we could talk about the dying Microsoft - they were null on the server platform and the growth of Linux seemed unlimited. Can you tell me that the situation is the same? Have you carrefully tested Windows 2003?

About reinstalling: at home I have a Pentium III 1 ghz workstation. OS: Windows XP. I have installed on it Visual Studio .NET, Visual Studio 6, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, Cygwin, IIS, MSMQ etc etc(you got the picture). I installed it about 9 months ago (when I bought the hdd) and I dont have any trouble with it, I hadn't to reinstall it after a month...

By the way, DB2 has no problem working on Windows. I havent heard IBM calling Windows a "B category platform", on the contrary...