Not finding local variables and libs

From: Martin Marques <martin(at)bugs(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Not finding local variables and libs
Date: 2003-02-10 11:25:15
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-php

Last week I upgraded PostgreSQL to 7.3.1 and PHP to 4.3 last week, and I found
that the CLI is giving me lots of headaches.
At first, a script that had to recieve mail form a pipe (an alias) and insert
data into my PostgreSQL database stopped working. Put PEAR::DB on the script
and found that the connection didn't find that database (not the server, the
database where it should be inserted the data). If I execute the script from
the command line "cat some-mail | /usr/local/bin/php/arch.php" it works
great, but not if it's passed by the mail system.
Today I found out that the administration crons that run on sunday also didn't
work, even though the same command works from the postgres bash. The postgres
crontab looks like this:

0 23 * * 0 /usr/local/pgsql/bin/vacuumdb -z -v lismarch
10 23 * * 0 /usr/local/pgsql/bin/vacuumdb -z -v horde
30 23 * * 0 /usr/local/pgsql/bin/vacuumdb -z -v webunl

I got error reports from mail that said this:

Your "cron" job on bugs
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/vacuumdb -z -v lismarch

produced the following output:

ld.so.1: /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such
file or directory
Killed
vacuumdb: vacuum lismarch failed

I thought it was a PHP problem, but these commands are especifically from
PostgreSQL, so I guess the problem is there.

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?