Stable links for "current" docs?

From: Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Stable links for "current" docs?
Date: 2003-02-06 21:46:15
Lists: pgsql-docs

It's just occurred to me we used to be able to link directly
to the latest documentation using the old idocs, meaning
it was possible to provide links to certain parts of the docs
which would remain fairly stable over a longer period of
time, e.g.

http://www.PostgreSQL.org/idocs/index.php?plpgsql-cursors.html

(this example from the FAQ, now gets redirected to the new
docs page, which is very nice BTW.).

This link translates into

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=1&file=plpgsql-cursors.html

Would it be possible to provide a generic "version=current" or similar?

If needs be I can donate some time to this or other website
related work. PHP experience available, though not one of my
languages.

Ian Barwick
barwick(at)gmx(dot)net